Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 89 245 needs moar power

Re: 89 245 needs moar power 2 years 3 months ago #446

• GRpufnstuf
  • Fresh Boarder
I know this is an old post but...

2.6+ stroker.

I am in the middle of doing this with a B23 i picked up and haven't decided if it's going into my 1970 145 or my 1991 240 (5).

Your injection should be LH2.4 so it can easily handle the extra displacement.

I am currently into machine work for about $375 (offset grind and Ion Nitride), $100 for the rods (stock Mitsu rods) and I'll be freshening the head but not modding too much more. Fingers crossed that a gasket kit and some exhaust studs get me on the road on the cheap.

I'll be trying a 16V head later but for now just the longer stroke and I'm hoping more low end oomph.

I have an M47 5speed car which isn't the best but, I think, much better than the Auto trans options from these years. Hell, convert that too if you're AT.

This is all assuming you want to pull the engine yourself and get dirty. Otherwise this is a lot of $$ in labor.

search b23 / b230 2.6 liter and you'l see many threads and how to forums.

good luck

PS, lighten that car some! do you have the 3rd row 'mother in law' seat? HEAVY. Do you ever use the back seat? Pull it and leave the floor flat. I use my wagon as a truck constantly and never have the back seat up.

Lighter seats? lighter everything. how do you use this car? Can you loose the spare and jack and stuff? AAA is cheap these days ;)
Last Edit: 2 years 3 months ago by GRpufnstuf.
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: 89 245 needs moar power 2 years 3 months ago #447

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
GRpufnstuf wrote:
...I am in the middle of doing this with a B23...

...assuming you want to pull the engine yourself and get dirty. Otherwise this is a lot of $$ in labor...

Welcome to the "new" VCOA Forum, George.

If you have all this posted on the www somewhere share the link so I can use it to appear all-knowing on B23 hotrod stuff.

If not consider starting a new thread on this Forum and show-n-tell how a 220hp B23 fits into a 140.

Thanks.

George Dill
You must register to gain posting privileges.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds

We have 172 guests and one member online

• 73VolvoP1800ES
You are here: Home Forum Performance Performance Topics 89 245 needs moar power