Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Member

New Member 11 months 1 week ago #931

• Mcloud
  • Fresh Boarder
Recently bought 1970 142S, from Mike Looney in CT. $1,650, solid car in need of 'restification', with extra 'rally' engine, suspension, hood & trunk, wheels, M40 trans, and clutch pedal set-up for conversion. Will disassemble & clean parts over the winter, figuring out what I can do and what is best left to the pros, probably engine rebuild & paint. The adventure begins for this first time semi-restorer! Any advice about will be appreciated. -Mark Axen, Stony Creek, NY.
Attachments:
You must register to gain posting privileges.

New Member 11 months 1 week ago #932

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 32
Mcloud wrote:
Recently bought 1970 142S, from Mike Looney in CT. $1,650, solid car in need of 'restification', with extra 'rally' engine, suspension, hood & trunk, wheels, M40 trans, and clutch pedal set-up for conversion. Will disassemble & clean parts over the winter, figuring out what I can do and what is best left to the pros, probably engine rebuild & paint. The adventure begins for this first time semi-restorer! Any advice about will be appreciated. -Mark Axen, Stony Creek, NY.

Nice find - a sure runner with a hot B20 and M41/OD.

Here is a recent (10-23-13) 142 "parts for sale" ad...

tinyurl.com/o6ebbs6

Do you have paper repair manuals?

George Dill

New Member 10 months 2 weeks ago #977

• Mcloud
  • Fresh Boarder
George; Have HAYNES manual, IPD catalog, and VP parts list. Will see Dave Burnham in NH this Sunday and pick his brain! Met him, George Lazenby, and Alan Prosser at the Stratton, VT meet. Heard some unfavorable comments about VPD (Vintage Performance Developments, Syracuse, NY), but John Parker's website has good in-depth discussions about upgrades. Looking forward to spring Volvo meets and CARLISLE Kit & Import show. Saw online new 16' ProLine wood deck car hauler trailers for $1,900 at a dealer in Virginia. Think I'm going to drive the Bronco out there and pick one up...I've needed one in the past, and will need it later transport the 142 to shops for paint, etc. Cheers. -Mark Axen.
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds

We have 119 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum Main Forum Welcome Mat New Member