Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats

Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 8 months ago #651

• lpt001
  • Fresh Boarder
Have had my 2013/XC70 for a month now and I think my seats are starting to turn dark and a little blue. I believe its the jeans I wear.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a good way to clean it or protect the seats other than a cover??

Maybe those 90's taxi driver beads...lol

Thanks
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 8 months ago #654

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
lpt001 wrote:
Have had my 2013/XC70 for a month now and I think my seats are starting to turn dark and a little blue. I believe its the jeans I wear.

Has anyone else seen this and is there a good way to clean it or protect the seats other than a cover??

Maybe those 90's taxi driver beads...lol

Thanks

Could be in your genes...

Wear a pair of freshly-laundered jeans from Lee while riding in the front pax seat (assuming it ain't already blue) doing a bit of writhing and wigglin' on the way to the bridge game at the Senior Center. If the blue still transfers suspect the factory treatment on the car's seats as being the culprit - body heat breaking down the treatment sufficient to transfer the blue tint.

Let us know how this works out as I may start a franchise marketing white jeans.

Thanks.

George Dill

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 7 months ago #658

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Oh yeah,

New blue jeans and light leather... The light leather never rubs off onto the jeans.

Here's the deal: If the water still turns blue in the washer when washing the jeans, it will still transfer to the seats. Just throw a towel on the seat until they're safe.

As for cleaning the seats? Make sure whatever you use is gentle on the leather - test it under the cushion first! Let us know what works, because you're not the only one with this issue.
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 7 months ago #676

• Johns5cars
  • Fresh Boarder
I read your post and replies before we picked up our 2013 XC60 with light beige interior two weeks ago and I was watching out for this issue. Within the first few days, my wife put her black leather purse on pax seat (it was raining and the purse had a little water on it) and immediately seat had a black mark. I had some leather furniture cleaner wipes that got the worst of it off. I could still see shadow where it had been. I went to the parts dept. at my Volvo dealer and got the Volvo Leather Care kit #31375177 and the cleaner removed any hint of black color left by the purse on the seat. This cleaner is awesome and my first impression it is better than Lexol and Dr Jackson's (both are too thick and soapy like a saddle soap). I am waiting for a warmer day to try applying the leather protection cream to stain guard all the seats in the XC60.
Note. The Volvo leather care kit packaging states "Important. Some coloured clothing (like blue jeans and suede garments) can unfortunately discolour leather upholstery." - maybe early and often use of Volvo protection cream will prevent permanent staining.
P.S. I couldn't wait till spring to see how it worked on older leather. I used the cleaner and conditioner an hour ago on the blue leather driver seat of 05 V70R. It has lots of age / character wrinkles or few cracks that didn't go away but the Volvo products really evened out the color and gave it a nice satin shine.
I hope you try these Volvo products (as the dealer for your VCOA discount) and I'd like to hear if they work to remove the denim color before the stains permanently set. Good Luck. John

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 7 months ago #677

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
Thanks for the hint. I've always used Lexol myself and results were nothing to brag about.
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Re: Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats 1 year 1 month ago #832

• Happysap
  • Fresh Boarder
When I got my 2004 XC-70, a GIFT from my son!!! I was so excited, I scanned the parts dept for things to buy. I got the Volvo leather care kit and used it right away. I've never had a problem with staining. ( And I have to give strange people rides occasionally.) I also got trailer hitch and roof racks. I would all purchasers to put Volvo leather care products on as preventive.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

We have 130 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum FWD & AWD Forums V70 & XC70 (2008 - Current) Blue Jeans staining Tan/Beige leather seats