Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Turn signal lights in dash

Turn signal lights in dash 2 years 10 months ago #259

• Cantrell1518
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I have a 1988 240 DL where the turn signal lights in the dash will come on solid. After varying times they go out. When they are on, I loose dash lights. If I turn on the 4-way switch, they work normal as well as when using the turn signals. They will stay on with the flasher relay and hazard switch removed. Looking for ideas.
Contact me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Turn signal lights in dash 2 years 8 months ago #338

• Sgorbati
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello Cantrell1518,

I believe this problem is a bad ground wire on the back of the dash board. It is going to be necessary to pull the instrument panel out enough to get your hand on the the main wire plug on the back of the instrument panel. You might be able to feed, your hand, up under the dash above the igntion switch and feel the plug. It will be a round plug with 10 wires in it. Wiggle it to see if it is loose. You'll know by watching the turn signal lights flash. The ground wire is brown, sometimes the pins on the plug get corroded. You will probablly need to have the key on, in order to show the dash warning lights showing. Hopefully just by the wiggling you will disburse the corrosion and solve the problem.

Any help please email me: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Thanks

Mike
You must register to gain posting privileges.
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

We have 228 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 240, 242, 244 & 245 (1974-1993) Turn signal lights in dash