Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New Member, but not new to Volvo

New Member, but not new to Volvo 8 months 1 week ago #802

• Saltbox10
  • Fresh Boarder
Good morning, I just joined this club. I've been a Volvo owner for 17 years. I bought my 1991 240 Wagon in May of 1996 with only 56,000 miles on the clock. The car was intially our family car, my wife drove it for the first 5 years, then it became my full time car. Eventually when I was promoted and got a company owned car, I could not sell the 240 and kept her as a weekend car. The car was eventually driven full time again by my son when he turned 16 and now he bought a nice 1997 V90, so the 240 is back to part time use. However, she still is in amazing shape, 225,000 miles on her.

I plan to restore her back to her original beauty. I have a set of turbo wheels I'm fully refinishing and will have monted on her shortly. I'm debating haveing her repainted, as the paint still has an amazing shine but 23 years of being used as a family car has caused a lot of scratch's on the roof and hood. Nothing too bad, the five foot rule applies well to her. Would like to meet other owners of 240's and compare notes. This car is almost like a family member, so I look forward to showing her off at future events.
240.jpg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Member, but not new to Volvo 8 months 1 week ago #806

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 23
Saltbox10 wrote:
Good morning, I just joined this club. I've been a Volvo owner for 17 years. I bought my 1991 240 Wagon in May of 1996 with only 56,000 miles on the clock. The car was intially our family car, my wife drove it for the first 5 years, then it became my full time car. Eventually when I was promoted and got a company owned car, I could not sell the 240 and kept her as a weekend car. The car was eventually driven full time again by my son when he turned 16 and now he bought a nice 1997 V90, so the 240 is back to part time use. However, she still is in amazing shape, 225,000 miles on her.

I plan to restore her back to her original beauty. I have a set of turbo wheels I'm fully refinishing and will have monted on her shortly. I'm debating haveing her repainted, as the paint still has an amazing shine but 23 years of being used as a family car has caused a lot of scratch's on the roof and hood. Nothing too bad, the five foot rule applies well to her. Would like to meet other owners of 240's and compare notes. This car is almost like a family member, so I look forward to showing her off at future events.
240.jpg

Welcome to the Forum, Bud - nice wagon!

CT - just a short hop to VT - you going the the October2013 VCOA gig?

Back about '89 I bought a perfect '86 245 from a doctor's wife and ten years/265k later donated it to the Texas Chapter VCOA - no major repairs needed.

"...five foot rule applies well to her..." - "she" got a name?

George Dill
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.280 seconds

We have 452 guests and one member online

• tkmccarty
You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 240, 242, 244 & 245 (1974-1993) New Member, but not new to Volvo