Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one

Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one 1 year 9 months ago #608

Any tips on where I can find a heater blower motor for my 142S (1971) or find someone in my area (Portland OR) who could rebuild one?
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Re: Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one 1 year 9 months ago #609

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
Wilson4Nwdfg wrote:
Any tips on where I can find a heater blower motor for my 142S (1971) or find someone in my area (Portland OR) who could rebuild one?

Welcome to the Forum, Tuck.

Before we go googlin' for a rebuilt blower motor consider a local call to ipd 503-257-7500 as they have nearly fifty years of Portland-area Volvo contacts in their files...

www.ipdusa.com/

Here's a quiz for viewers in-the-know: name the gentleman in Canada who has (had?) a reputation for first-class rebuilding of 120/140/160 heater blower motors?

I shall return.

George Dill

Re: Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one 1 year 9 months ago #610

George, good suggestion. Beau and Curtis at TVG (The Volvo Garage) in Portland have kept my Volvo going since I bought it new in 1971 (and have driven ever since). They may have checked with ipd a few weeks ago. But I will again!

Would be great to know of someone that has successfully rebuilt these. TVG had one rebuilt for me a few years back but apparently whoever did the work either is not around or doesn't do this any more.

Can't drive the car in the cold without a heater blower motor, and I hate to see it sidelined after all these years.

Great to hear from you.....thanks.

Tuck Wilson

Re: Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one 1 year 9 months ago #611

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
Bill Cheb
9828-79 Street, Edmonton
Alberta, Canada T6A 3G1
Phone: +1 (403) 465 4960
Mail: bill.cheb (a) ualberta.ca
Rebuilding service for heater motors. Volvo 240, 164, 140, P1800, PV 544, etc. Also for SAAB 900 series...
The steel bushings in the motor get replaced with ball bearings for the 240 series motors or with bronze oil lite bushings for the open frame motors.

Re: Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one 1 year 5 months ago #714

• Gold164E
  • Fresh Boarder
Try VP Auto or Scandix. Better to buy new because the new ones have 4 speeds so the motor doesn't burn out when heater is turned on but fan in off position.
So I was told.

They come with new resistor and better quality. Probably find one on ebay too.

Good Luck
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

We have 198 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums 142, 144, 145 & 164 (1966-1975) Need heater blower motor or someone in Oregon/SW Washington who can rebuild one