Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Hard Reverse Shifting

Hard Reverse Shifting 11 months 6 days ago #981

• captdave
  • Fresh Boarder
I recently took delivery of a very cool 544. The car shifts excellent except for getting it into reverse. The effort to pull it past the reverse lock out is so difficult that my wife isn't strong enough to pull it over into the de-tent before shifting forward to engage reverse. Is there any adjustment that can make this easier?

I have looked at the 40 schematic and it has a spring located on the top of the transmission where the shifting rod goes in. Will backing off the nut make it easier? And can you get at it from inside the car by removing the boot?

Thanks

Dave
You must register to gain posting privileges.

Hard Reverse Shifting 11 months 6 days ago #982

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
captdave wrote:
I recently took delivery of a very cool 544. The car shifts excellent except for getting it into reverse. The effort to pull it past the reverse lock out is so difficult that my wife isn't strong enough to pull it over into the de-tent before shifting forward to engage reverse. Is there any adjustment that can make this easier?

I have looked at the 40 schematic and it has a spring located on the top of the transmission where the shifting rod goes in. Will backing off the nut make it easier? And can you get at it from inside the car by removing the boot?

Thanks

Dave

If not already download and save this...

tinyurl.com/6pexqq

When shifting into reverse be sure the car is not at high idle, push in the clutch fully, shift to low (first gear) then neutral then directly to reverse.

George Dill

Hard Reverse Shifting 11 months 6 days ago #983

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 33
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

We have 112 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums PV 444 / 544 Hard Reverse Shifting