Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Exhaust Pipe Confusion

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1021

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
I did pm him. no I don't have any copies but I'll get it. I've been searching for dual outlet manifolds for B18. Not much luck! I might rethink and look for a single exhaust pipe to replace the dual I have.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1023

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
I don't mean to jump into the middle of this, but what advantage does a dual header offer when the system is single pipe? Granted, the diameter of the single pipe is slightly larger after the merger, but it is not a dual system. The dual tail pipes were only to give it the appearance of a dual system.

Am I not correct about this?
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1024

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
It makes sense to me Tailfin but I'm no authority on anything automotive. I'm running into dead ends trying to find a dual outlet manifold. At this point I'd settle for a single inlet head pipe! Who's the best source for that?

BTW- love your signature!
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by harveyk. Reason: addition

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1025

• tailfin
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 4
As George always says "Google is your friend here."

I've always had good luck with Erie Vo-Vo, but I'm not sure if they have any vintage vehicles - you could check with them though.

Here are a few others:
volvosalvage.com
www.partshotlines.com

I'm sure George has much better sources than I have.

However, if you're so inclined, it would be interesting to see if a dual system could be adapted. You could try reducing the diameter of the pipes and source smaller mufflers and resonators. A little sheet metal work on the left side of the rear panel to spread the tail pipes for a sweet stereo effect. I like that!

Good Luck!
Ed

harveyk wrote:
BTW- love your signature!

Thanks, I don't remember where or when I came across that, but it's perfect here!
I want to die like my Grandfather did, peacefully in his sleep.
Not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1022

• harveyk
  • Fresh Boarder
sorry for the double post!!
I did pm him and downloaded a copy of Rolling. I searched and found the thread you pointed to for the manifold he got but I'm not having any luck finding another. I also sent a request to Voluparts in Atlanta. They had single manifolds but the threads were gone on the studs. Waiting to hear if they have any dual outlet manifolds. ** Heard back from Voluparts; all they have are "cracked" dual outlet manifolds. they said that was an issue with them! I did find this company VPD (Vintage Performance Developements) that offer headers and other parts for 1800's, 122's plus others. I might be running out of options.
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by harveyk. Reason: more info

Exhaust Pipe Confusion 4 months 2 weeks ago #1026

• gdill3
  • Thank you received: 23
harveyk wrote:
sorry for the double post!!
I did pm him and downloaded a copy of Rolling. I searched and found the thread you pointed to for the manifold he got but I'm not having any luck finding another. I also sent a request to Voluparts in Atlanta. They had single manifolds but the threads were gone on the studs. Waiting to hear if they have any dual outlet manifolds. ** Heard back from Voluparts; all they have are "cracked" dual outlet manifolds. they said that was an issue with them! I did find this company VPD (Vintage Performance Developements) that offer headers and other parts for 1800's, 122's plus others. I might be running out of options.

You have on-hand the best exhaust system for your car - all you need is the dual-outlet exhaust manifold.

No Problem.

Watch this space.

George Dill
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds

We have 366 guests and no members online

You are here: Home Forum RWD Forums P1800, 1800S, 1800E/ES Exhaust Pipe Confusion